This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies
Some events below…the darn calendar doesn’t work..sorry.
The Satellite has events offered throughout the year. The next workshop will be with Lian Brehm on June 17 from 9-12 in the side yard at the gallery.
call 8022298317 to register or email email@example.com
Paper Pulp Casting with current gallery artist Lian Brehm
3 hr. workshop held on June 17, 2023 9-12 (limit 8-10 adults/teens). Cost $35.
Come join us for a three hour paper casting workshop at Satellite Gallery! We will be exploring how handmade paper pulp is made with a demonstration of a special papermaking machine called a Hollander beater. We’ll quickly move on to exploring the qualities of casting colored paper pulp similar to the casting assemblages included in Lian Brehm’s solo show at the gallery. By applying wet pulp to a variety of objects brought by participants we will explore the abundant possibilities of pulp and color combinations. Participants will take their wet castings home to dry and to release later.
Participants are asked to bring:
1) several “non-absorbent/non-porous” smooth or shallow-textured ceramic, glass, plastic, smooth metal or wood surfaced objects to cast off. Suggested: small or medium bowls, plates, trays, cut glass or ceramic serving dishes, old textured light fixture, tin ornaments, plastic lace or woven mats, mirror, a piece of plexiglass, also “smooth or shallow textured” organic form/surfaces such as squashes, pumpkins, leaves, rocks: whatever your imagination dreams up,… the sky's the limit!
Note: complete 3D castings require multiple casting & drying over days so only one side of a 3D object can be cast for this workshop.
2) one of each: fork, spoon and butter knife, small spatula.
3) a medium to large lidded plastic container
4) apron or wear old clothes
5) inclusions to place into the pulp or additions: threads or string, beads, small bits of shredded or torn papers or fabrics, flower petals, dried herbs, seeds, small sticks or stalks, feathers, etc.
Momentum Art Studios
South Walden, Vermont
Schedule for future events is coming…..
See you soon.